Additional Comment Section
- The purpose of the additional comments box is not to write an additional personal statement but rather to explain anything that may be unclear in the other parts of the application.
- For example, students can use the additional comments sections to explain course taking or grades earned patterns, a circumstance that prevented the student from doing something they wanted to do such as taking more rigorous courses, or a prolonged illness. Students can also use this area to tell UC about a learning difference or other issues related to their academic ability.
- There are two additional comments area in the application. One immediately follows the “Academic History” section, which should be used to explain courses and grades or other academic information. The second comment area immediately follows the “Personal Statement” section.
- While admissions staff will read whatever the students write, it is not useful to the reader if the student does not add information of value. The specific instructions are
- Following Academic History
- Additional Comments (optional)-max 550 characters
- Tell us anything else you want us to know about your academic record that you have not had the opportunity to describe elsewhere in this section.
- If you wish, you may use this space to tell us anything else you want us to know about you that you have not had the opportunity to describe elsewhere in the application.